Our client, a large global supplier to the automotive industry, is looking to add a Program Manager to their team!
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage program and project teams comprising all areas of the company acting as Customer Liaison and resource for other departments during program.
- Manage program related equipment and tooling projects, with the help of the appropriate technical resources within engineering. Tasks may include, but not limited to:
- Write, send and follow-up on requests for quotes, with consideration for capacity, performance, quality, and warranties.
- Coordinate feasibility reviews and obtain team sign-off.
- Write and present capital request proposals.
- Manage regular reviews with equipment builders / subcontractors.
- Create and maintain budget and timeline documents.
- Coordinate installation, through a combination of internal resources and external contractors.
- Coordinate, buy-off and PPAP activities on these projects.
- Lead and manage execution alternatives such as outsourcing.
- Coordinate feasibility reviews, and implementation for any internal or external engineering change as per our internal procedure.
- Coordinate program related commercial activities (quotes, PO reviews…) for any engineering change.
- Ensure program metrics, and open issues list are tracked, using the appropriate templates and hold monthly reviews with management on progress.
- Coordinate cross functional activities to ensure process flow, FMEA, control plan documents are accurate and effectively address risks of the program. Participate in RPN reduction activities.
- Liaise through purchasing with material suppliers to establish program requirements.
- Liaise with all departments such as quality, finance, human resources, maintenance, production, and materials to produce best quality products at least costs.
- Write customer correspondence and customer liaison with customer buyers, engineers, and quality personnel as required; copy all correspondence to all appropriate parties to ensure effective communication.
- Adhere to TS 16949 system.
- Manage program cost accounting, assist in quoting and estimating as required
- Write related purchase orders to submit for approval.
- Approve invoices prior to payment by insuring supplier has fulfilled all obligations to meet specifications, parts quality requirements and required production rates.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping and follow the 5S principles. Participate in MAFACT program, and implement world class manufacturing principles related to the program. Practice our “safety first” policy by addressing: hazards, defective equipment, wearing personal protective equipment as required, and by reporting unsafe conditions immediately.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
EDUCATION AND SKILL/COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Engineering degree with minimum 4 year experience in program management.
- Ability to develop and execute program plans.
- Able to communicate requirements clearly in written, oral and in drawing formats.
- Computer programs (MS Project, Powerway, MS Office, MS Project, Auto CAD)
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Must have good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively in team environment and must be able to solicit and implement ideas from teams.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Exceptional ability to work with others; build and maintain positive employee relations.
- Able to prepare, read and interpret written reports, correspondence, instructions, procedures and guidelines.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, suppliers and customers.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion and tact.
- Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to work flexible hours and overtime.