Digital Media Specialist
Kalamazoo, MI | Telecommute
If a Marketing Traffic Coordinator and Social Media Manager had a baby, it would be this Digital Media Specialist role. As our Digital Media Specialist, you’ll not only play a vital role in the online marketing efforts of a busy and growing staffing and recruiting firm, but you’ll also help coordinate all marketing projects company-wide. You’ll thrive in this role if you love project management, social media management, writing, and all things marketing.
You’ll work closely with multiple internal teams to coordinate their marketing, advertising, and promotional activities, communicating schedules and status updates to the Marketing team. You’ll then translate these activities to various digital platforms, including paid online advertising, websites, and social media. You’ll manage all facets of numerous social media channels by creating and maintaining an editorial calendar, writing and scheduling posts, designing graphics, and engaging with visitors. You’ll monitor reviews on Google, Indeed, and Glassdoor and respond as necessary while maintaining each profile. Additionally, you’ll assist in creating and maintaining website content.
Here’s what you’ll love about working with WSI: we understand the power of a positive and fulfilling workplace (after all, we’ve won some awards because of it). We live and breathe it every day, and love helping others experience it too. You’ll join a work hard, play hard family culture that values positivity, energy, and hustle. Your day will be fast-paced as you manage several projects at once in a rapidly-changing environment, so strong multi-tasking, organization, and communication skills are a must.
While our corporate marketing department is based in Kalamazoo, candidates have the ability to work remotely (with in-person team visits still required at a frequency to be determined upon hire).
- Liase with different internal teams to determine their marketing needs and prioritize based on importance, deadline, and workload
- Create content (e.g. website, blogs, ads, news releases, social media) that maintains WSI’s “voice” across all digital media platforms
- Manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant
- Design and execute digital media campaigns that align with marketing strategy
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI
- Stay up-to-date with digital media developments
- Help bring new ideas for design and relevant content creation to the team using your expertise, creativity, and eye for great design
- Undertake individual tasks of marketing plan as assigned
- 1+ years of business social media management experience
- 1-2 years of marketing and writing experience (we will require work samples to apply for this position)
- Certification or undergraduate degree in eBusiness, marketing, advertising & promotion, or communications, OR equivalent work experience
- Project management experience that proves you can successfully organize, prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Exceptional and professional communication skills (verbal and written) to managers, co-workers, teammates, clients, candidates, and vendors.
Nice-To-Have Skills (but not required):
- Video creation & editing