Manufacturing Recruiter (Direct Placement)

Kalamazoo, MI or Remote

As an experienced recruiter, you already know that no two days are ever the same when in pursuit of the perfect candidate (e.g. the Purple Squirrels). And you’re ok with that – in fact, you thrive in that kind of work environment!

Use and expand your relationship-building and influential capabilities to recruit top talent from all over the country to work for manufacturing-based companies throughout the greater Midwest and Canada. 75% of your responsibilities will include direct hire recruitment, while the other 25% will include supporting our Talent Acquisition team with administrative tasks.

Here’s what you’ll love about working with WSI: we understand the power of a positive and fulfilling workplace (after all, we’ve won some awards because of it). We live and breathe it every day, and love helping others experience it too.

Our ideal candidate has recruitment and account management experience in the manufacturing industry. However, we are open to entry-level candidates who are hungry, motivated and eager to learn and grow!

 Your typical work week will consist of: 

  • Managing recruitment resources (Indeed, LinkedIn, CareerBuilder etc.)
  • Proactively sourcing, qualifying, and recruiting passive candidates through social media, networking/associations, and other valuable sources
  • Ensuring all online advertisements are compliant, accurate, up-to-date, and cost effective
  • Qualifying talent and managing applicant flow by:
    • Conducting pre-screen interviews
    • Coordinating follow-up interviews with recruiters and/or clients
    • Updating candidate resumes to ensure consistent formatting
    • Arranging pre-employment testing/screening, etc.
    • Preparing written professional candidate summaries for clients 
    • Conducting and/or preparing reference checks and background checks
  • Maintaining candidate files (signed offer letter, references, criminal background verification, etc.) 
  • Preparing recruitment and tracking reports
  • Presenting “Top Talent Candidates” to new clients
  • Working closely with your WSI team to develop a strong internal support network
  • Representing WSI at community events

We’d love to talk to you if:

  • You thrive in a fast-paced, positive and collaborative environment
  • Working independently is A-OK with you
  • You’re a resourceful self-starter who dislikes micro-management 
  • Rejection doesn’t phase you; in fact, it only motivates you to find the next ‘yes’
  • Your ability to build and leverage business partnerships makes Warren Buffet jealous
  • You have demonstrated (or have a strong interest in developing) leadership and sales experience
  • Your problem analysis and decision making skills are nothing short of amazing
  • Your interpersonal and communication skills are a force to be reckoned with
  • You have previous experience in staffing or manufacturing/light industrial environments

You’ll also enjoy: 

  • A flexible work week
  • Remote working option
  • A full benefits package
  • Weekends and holidays off
  • Paid vacation 
  • Advancement opportunities
  • A fun, close knit, and family-oriented work culture

Interested? Email your resume to Lindsey Burke today!

  • Lindsey Burke
    Lindsey Burke Talent Strategy and Engagement Manager