Business Development Executive
Greater Grand Rapids, MI
Business Development Leader
WSI, a rapid growth staffing and recruiting firm, is seeking a proven Business Development leader who is passionate about leading the charge in new business opportunities for our Grand Rapids office. The Business Development Executive is responsible for building long-term relationships and client-focused strategies for large company and large business unit engagements. This role is valuable to the growth of our company and it is a terrific opportunity in leadership and management.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development, the primary focus of this position is to drive new business with new and existing clients in the greater Grand Rapids area. Additionally, the Business Development Executive, in collaboration with the WSI Leadership team, will be responsible for creating staffing solutions that are aligned with and designed to improve business process with a strategic, consultative approach.
Here’s what you’ll love about working with WSI: we understand the power of a positive and fulfilling workplace (after all, we’ve won some awards because of it). We live and breathe it every day, and love helping others experience it too.
Our ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years’ experience in a leading professional services firm providing large scale managed services (staffing and recruiting) in a range of industries including production, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution. They will have proven sales performance with multiple large scale services transactions using a consultative sales approach. The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated ability to build and maintain ongoing relationships with current and prospective clients. Experience working in a fast paced, performance driven organization is key to this individual’s success.
- Develop and execute an effective sales strategy to gain new large scale, high volume accounts (100+ contract associates) within the WSI managed services model (on-site staffing)
- Demonstrate ability to manage and expand upon deep sales pipelines and develop lead generation strategies and marketing plans for new accounts
- Manage and develop a full scope of client engagements, identify and qualify sales opportunities by providing a consultative and value-added approach, negotiate contract terms and conditions for employment services, and work with operations and recruiting team to ensure smooth transition
- Design and implement solutions and processes to enhance to productivity and business for our clients, as well as develop and execute sales plans and deliver proposals for providing staffing services specific to each client’s needs
Our Ideal Candidate
- Loves life – in and out of the workplace.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, motivates others to join them, and gets things done.
- Provides differentiated services for our clients, and loves to implement proven processes and procedures.
- Is independent, self-motivated, and disciplined.
- Actively develops strong, lasting relationships built on honesty, loyalty, and trust.
- Holds themselves to the highest level of integrity, and empowers others to do the same.