Automotive Production Manager
Our client, one of the world’s premier global automotive suppliers, is looking to add an Assembly Production Manager to a stamping facility located in Piedmont, South Carolina. It is an approximately one million square feet facility with about 1,000 associates working in stamping and assembly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety: Working together with the safety coordinator, develop and ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Quality: Ensure all applicable quality policies and procedures are followed within the department.
- Production: Ensure all production key measurable targets are met or exceeded. Form any cross functional teams as required if any targets are not met and institute a philosophy of continuous improvement throughout the department.
- Production Scheduling: Working with the production scheduler to ensure all customer requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintenance: Working with the maintenance supervisors ensuring all tooling, equipment, and facilities are maintained utilizing the maintenance request forms.
- Department Business Planning: Reporting to the GM/AGM, manpower requirements, capital requirements, overtime requirements and capacity planning.
- Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Ten plus years of experience in Class-A Automotive Industry
- Prior managerial experience with Assembly of Class-A related product
- Technical degree in Engineering or Technical Apprenticeship with Certification or Journeyman Card
- Automation background