Advance Manufacturing Engineer
Battle Creek, MI
Our client, a large global supplier to the automotive industry, is looking to add an Advance Manufacturing Engineer to their team!
The Advance Manufacturing Engineer leads the work related to development of new manufacturing processes . The engineer will develop concepts that include specification of equipment, and make recommendations for the technical selection of purchased equipment. They will manage the build, delivery, installation of equipment to ensure the equipment is commissioned on-time and under budget. The Advance Manufacturing Engineer also ensures the equipment performs reliably.
Advance Manufacturing will employ lean manufacturing principles to optimize effectiveness of our manufacturing operations to assure competitive pricing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical Lead for equipment
- Support production to meet attainment goals
- Support maintenance with troubleshooting machine issues
- Lead cycle time improvement projects
- Support continuous improvement projects
- Troubleshoot quality issues
- Prepare and update equipment Statement of Requirement (SORs) and technical comparisons. Collaborate with SMEs to develop SORs
- Maintain list of equipment suppliers. Identify new suppliers and verify capabilities
- Summarize equipment and installation costs for quoting new business
- Standardize components to minimize spare parts inventory costs
- Assist with CapEx based on equipment timing and budget
- Manage facility modifications and utility requirements for incoming equipment. Collaborate with facility department
- Lead the CapEx based on purchasing of equipment and facilitate timing and budget
- Lead Machine FMEA for major equipment
- Employ Lean Manufacturing Methods
- Develop and utilize standardize work methods and instructions
- Determine and support equipment layout to optimize product flow and minimize unnecessary movement.
- Implement and utilize Lean Manufacturing methods and efficient product flow.
- Develop packaging solutions for WIP and Finished Goods.
- Ensure high Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Responsible for maintaining documentation of major equipment.
- Develop initial equipment PM plan and spare parts list.
- Lead Machine FMEA for major equipment.
- Address equipment downtime using MTBF and MTTR metrics.
- Manage equipment suppliers, build, installation and acceptance
- Maintain and support equipment project timelines. Manage on-time delivery.
- Manage and support equipment drawing review and approval process with supplier. Review equipment drawings with SMEs and approve/reject based on review. Provide timely review and feedback to supplier.
- Perform, support and document equipment run-off at suppliers prior to shipment.
- Perform, support and document equipment run-off on-site.
- Oversee equipment installation process
- Work with supplier, rigging crew and CCMi staff to ensure on-time installation.
- Maintain list of open items for installation process.
- Review SOR, Open Issues List and Run-off requirements for FAC.
- Identifies and resolves potential program issues and/ or problems.
- Knows and understands process documentation and customer specific requirements as they relate to the program and/or equipment.
- Prepares and presents material for program reviews.
- Leads and coordinates with Department Leaders in preparation of RFQs and proposals, statement of work and specifications and execution of contract requirements.
- Five (5) years related experience in the die castings/automotive manufacturing industry
- Minimum five years’ work related experience in automotive environment utilizing lean tools
- Two (2) years project management experience preferred
- Strong organizational and Leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced working environment
- Fundamental computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (including MS Project)
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and manage projects
- Must be able to understand written instructions