As an Account Manager, you are the primary representative of an industry-leading print and product fulfillment organization that serves well known national brands. You’ll establish and maintain positive working relationships and act as a liaison between clients so you can convey the customer’s expectations/requirements to personnel. Customer expectations are met – if not exceeded – because of you.
Because you are in a key position to influence customer satisfaction and our company prosperity, this role requires the upmost tact, sensitivity and professionalism.
- Enhance the company’s position and reputation by properly servicing and corresponding with the assigned account in a dependable and timely manner
- Manage customer inquiries regarding customer orders in process and future orders pending
- Provide tactical support to management, providing information regarding customer issues, needs and opportunities
- Coordinate all aspects of current and upcoming projects to ensure correct and on-time delivery
- Put together sales collateral to use to secure new business and up-sell existing accounts
- Enhance customer relationship by working closely with customer on the development of targeted solutions and new business opportunities
Work is typically performed under little day-to-day supervision, with only guidance about overall goals and objectives. You’ll personally define your work day based on evaluation of short term and long term goals for the account, so the ability to independently evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement, and incorporate into overall work objectives is key to success in this role.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of products and services which will include print production of promotional marketing collateral, design and sourcing of promotional premium items, inventory management and order fulfillment of salesforce support materials and product samples. Consult with customers to understand business issues and goals, and work with customer to develop improved solutions to business needs. Prepare summary reports for Sales Representative and Sales Management identifying customer needs and opportunity to secure new business.
- Respond to customer requests and inquiries regarding current and future work. Resolve issues that may arise during production of customer products. Keep sales leadership informed of customer project status, progress, issues, enhancements and modifications as required.
- Maintain accurate, complete, up-to-date customer files, in addition to detailed account history. Prepare and submit weekly sales reports and documentation regarding results, opportunities and challenges in the sales territory. Analyze reports and data to identify revenue and cost containment opportunities.
- Develop and prepare sales product presentations for use on up-sell opportunities for the account and assist Sales with the development of sales collateral for new business opportunities.
- Assist sales in the preparation of RFPs and RFQs on the accounts managed.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends, new products, specifications, competitor strengths and weaknesses and communicate new information to sales leadership.
- Communicate IT/IS related customer requirements and work with the Business Analyst and Development staff to implement new client software functionality and solutions.
- May be involved in specific customer projects as assigned by sales management.
- Interface closely with Corporate production and fulfillment staff monitoring all Client/Company processes for efficiency & improvement.
- Ensure efficient and accurate billing and payment processes with client
- Monitor and publish Service Level Agreement metrics
- Travel approximately quarterly to accompany client on plan visits and participate in Corporate training events.
- Prepare and deliver quarterly business review presentations to include demonstration of advancements in total cost of ownership and innovative ideas to advance client specific business objectives.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows or other technical tools in completing assignments. Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in print production and print project management with the ability to develop from concept or recommend improvements to provided spec with the goal of reduced cost, improved design and optimal functionality.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Capable of modifying communication style to match the audience targeted. Understands the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.