Customer Service Manager
Battle Creek, MI
In the role of Customer Service Manager, you will lead a team of customer service representatives and call center agents. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and staffing of the team. The team supports a material distribution warehouse operation, the Account Management group, and most importantly takes care of our clients’ needs.
Your role as Customer Service Manager is a pivotal link between our customers and the our team. You will have the opportunity to positively impact relationships with our customers through the management of a staff of approximately ten individuals. Alongside typical management functions, such as vacation requests and performance evaluations, you will be key to mentoring and developing the individuals on the team. When needed, you will provide meaningful feedback relating to critical customer issues and serve as the escalation point in cases that cannot be resolved by customer service representatives.
Central to your role is the monitoring of metrics such as call volumes, planning, and allocating staffing as needed to exceed required service levels. You will also oversee the various administrative functions required to support the department such as purchasing.
You will actively work with our IT group to help define and test new and updated systems and processes. As part of the team you will ensure processes are documented and the group are trained to our quality management system.
- Plan staffing levels and monitor team performance to ensure client service levels are exceeded
- Manage the hiring, training and continuing development of team members
- Oversee the generation and timely completion of customer invoicing
- Serve as an escalation point for both internal and external customers
- Manage continuous improvement of processes and systems to most effectively meet the company’s goals
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and customer service experience
- Three years of supervisory experience
- Strong MS Excel skills essential
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Logistics experience is desirable
- Experience of direct customer contact in a prior role
- AS400 or iSeries experience a plus
Organizational Values & Culture
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If continuous improvement is your mindset and you thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for our team.